Keto Matzo Ball Soup is a delicious low-carb version of the traditional Jewish dish that is perfect for anyone following a ketogenic or low-carb diet. This soup features tender matzo balls made with almond flour and psyllium husk, swimming in a rich and savory chicken broth. Here is a full recipe for Keto Matzo Ball Soup:
For the matzo balls:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the soup:
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill or parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and olive oil together until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stirring until a dough forms. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer.
- While the soup is simmering, form the matzo balls. Wet your hands with water, then scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and form it into a ball. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Drop the matzo balls into the soup and let them cook for about 15-20 minutes, until they are cooked through and fluffy.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with fresh dill or parsley if desired.
Nutrition facts (per serving):
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 9g
- Total Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Net Carbs: 3g
Enjoy your delicious and keto-friendly Matzo Ball Soup!