KETO SNACK CRACKERS. All the low carb/keto recipes I’ve tried out this month I’ve really been enjoying and REALLY love the results! But nothing delivers like a cracker, let’s face it. Can’t be beat the crunch and the salt! That’s where these keto crackers, carb-friendly come in. Incredibly simple to make and they only require two ingredients (plus water). Win!
I love how it comes together. It does call for a food processor to mix, and I made this using my mini food processor. So to how well they would work without one, I cannot speak.
HOW TO MAKE THESE CRACKERS
Almond flour and Parmesan cheese are the two ingredients. If you use the pre-grated cheese, a little water is needed. In the food processor, the cheese and almond flour are mixed until the cheese begins to stick to the flour. I ALWAYS end up adding water because I always use pre-shredded cheese, before adding water, I start by mixing just those two ingredients.
ROLL THE DOUGH
The dough is rolled between two sheets of parchment paper because the dough is kind of sticky. The thickness can be an issue. It is probably thicker than we think of crackers being, the desired thickness is ⅛ inch. I kept rolling really thin my first couple batches.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 14 mins
Total Time 24 mins
Course: Appetizer, Snack
Servings: 30 crackers
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated/shredded
- ½ cup superfine almond flour
- 1 TB water if needed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- With parchment paper, line a baking sheet.
- To mini food processor, add cheese and almond flour and until the cheese begins to stick to the flour, pulse. Add one tablespoon of water if your dough is crumbly and pulse again. They should stick together like dough when the crumbs are squeezed between your fingers.
- Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll the dough to ⅛ inch thick. Cut the dough into one-inch squares using a pizza cutte/similar tool.
- Onto baking sheet, place crackers, making sure none of them touch.
- For 7-10 minutes, bake crackers, then flip the crackers on the sheet and for an additional 3-5 minutes, bake until the tops feel firm and crunchy to the touch and the crackers are lightly golden brown.
- Before eating, let crackers cool. For 2-3 days, any leftover crackers may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 13IU
Leave a Comment