BEST KETO GROUND BEEF TACO. For low-carb Taco Bell style tacos, the best ground beef taco recipe uses cheese taco shells and an easy homemade taco seasoning. They’re perfectly keto and gluten-free at net 5 carbs each.
A crunchy taco hits the spot when Mexican food cravings hit if you’re like me!
The meal came together in TWENTY minutes since the taco shells were already made – faster than take out! Low carb Taco Bell? You betcha!
BEST GROUND BEEF TACO RECIPE
Like sugar and salt, making your own seasonings allows for control and customization of ingredients. If you are into that kinda thing, it’s also a great way to ensure your food is gluten-free and grain-free.
For this recipe, I used my own taco seasoning blend and am convinced it makes the best ground beef tacos!
Keywords: taco, taco Tuesday
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 Cheese Taco Shells
- Ground Beef Taco Meat
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- (use 2 tbsp/all depending on your taste)1 recipe Low Carb Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- (toss with lemon or lime juice) 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Wash and chop cilantro and lettuce. Slice avocado and to prevent browning, toss with lemon/lime juice. Mince onion. Have shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa ready.
- Into a cold pan, crumble the ground beef, and turn the heat to medium. Break up the ground beef working continuously with a spatula/a wedge-shaped wooden scraper/spoon, until it is very fine in texture.
- Into the ground beef, stir the taco seasoning, and cook until it gets fragrant. Add the tomato paste and stir. Add the beef broth and simmer until almost it gets absorbed. Aim for a moist but not wet mixture. With salt and pepper, adjust the seasoning.
- Evenly between the 6 cheese taco shells, divide the seasoned taco meat. With your favorite toppings, fill the shells. Enjoy!
- Makes 6 tacos. When made with the ingredients shown, each taco is 5 g net carbs.
(The ground beef if made in advance, will keep up to FIVE days in the refrigerator and freezes well)
BEST KETO GROUND BEEF TACO
Amount Per Serving
Calories 432Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*