KETO FATHEAD ROLLS. My favorite keto bread recipe. Without throwing you off track on your ketogenic diet, they swoop in to curb that carb craving.
Perfect for Sandwiches and Sliders!
Fathead dough is all the craze right now. It seems when going low carb, the most common food missed by many is pizza.
WHAT IS FATHEAD DOUGH?
To replace the missing gluten, fathead dough is a great keto/low carb alternative that uses almond flour and then mozzarella, resulting in an amazing pizza crust!
WAYS TO USE KETO FATHEAD DOUGH
When going low carb, pizza isn’t the only thing people miss. It is bread in general. Some people just don’t feel complete without the bread while a burger can be great wrapped in lettuce or simply by itself.
This can make or break their low carb or keto success for some. Unless there is a delicious alternative, the cravings just don’t seem to go away.
If you get FLAT BUNS:
From thousands of readers, after reading comments and seeing photos, we have determined 3 main reasons :
1. Not good quality or old baking powder. These need all the help they can get to rise so it is important without gluten.
2. Not enough refrigeration
3. When melted and it was not drained, the brand of mozzarella put out excess water.
4. I have a lot of readers say they just didn’t rise, who knows!. It is so weird! But, I’d say 1 goes flat, for every TEN people who have nice raised buns. So we are doing alright!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Add cream cheese and mozzarella in a small bowl. For TWENTY seconds, microwave on high at a time until it gets melted.
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl until it gets beaten. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Into dough, work mozzarella/cc mixture. Dough will be sticky. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Onto plastic wrap, spoon dough. With almond flour, dust the top of it.
- Over the dough, fold the plastic wrap and gently start working into a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate THIRTY minutes.
- Cut dough ball into FOUR. Into a ball, roll each section. Cut the ball in half. This is your bottom and top bun !
- On parchment paper/very well greased sheet pan, sit cut side down.
- Until it gets golden and set up, bake 10-12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: