There is no doubt that the one thing everyone craves the most when doing keto is BREAD. Everyone loves the texture and taste of bread so much. So after a lot of experimenting with keto bread recipes, even we could not believe how good these rolls are. They’re fluffy and delicious and will satisfy your carb cravings for sure.
They’re perfect for serving on the side during dinner or can be used for making mini sandwiches. You may also try them with a pat of butter or cream cheese!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE ROLLS
- Cheese: When making keto bread Mozerella cheese works best. That’s because it does not have a strong flavor so it won’t overpower your bread. (except for parmesan) Cheddar or almost about any other melting cheese should also work.
- Eggs: Protein and texture to the dough is added through eggs and can’t be substituted with non-dairy alternatives.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour works best with keto bread so we highly recommend it.
- Cream Cheese: only use full-fat cream cheese because the main role for the cream cheese is not to only add texture but also fat.
HOW TO THESE ROLLS
We will be using what is called “fathead dough” to make these rolls. This is made from a mixture of eggs, cream cheese, almond and melted mozzarella cheese.
For these bread rolls, Take a fat-head dough and roll them into small balls. Then brush them with a garlic butter mixture then sprinkle them with more mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Put them in the oven and eat this delicious dish. Enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. EACH baking powder
- Garlic Butter Topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp minced parsley or Italian seasoning
- For topping ¼ cup parmesan or cheddar cheese,
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease a baking dish with butter or oil and put it aside.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl put mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave on high in 30-secs intervals until the mozzarella begins to melt. Stir them until fully incorporated.
- Put Italian seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder almond flour and eggs. Mix until the mixture is perfectly combined. The dough should be divided into 8-10 equal size balls and then put in baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl . Put minced garlic & parsley and whisk. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more mozzarella cheese and brush with garlic butter mixture. Bake 25 minutes until it turns golden brown.