Keto Mozzarella Sticks is so easy to make low carb cheese sticks at home. Simply coat the string cheese in a gluten-free flour breading and fry until crisp. Of course, the flour you use should also be ketogenic. These are so delicious that the whole family is going to love this even the kids are gonna have fun.
CAN I MAKE VEGETARIAN KETO MOZZARELLA STICKS?
Yes, you can. Simply omit the pork rinds and instead of 1/2 and 1/2, use all almond flour. This way, they will be slightly less crispy.
CAN I MAKE THEM NUT-FREE?
Yes, you can. Simply use only pork rinds and omit the almond flour.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Servings: 12
- 12 pieces of mozzarella cheese in strips
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional, if you want a little spiciness
- 400 F or about 200 C, preheat oven. Cover a baking cheese with parchment paper (better than aluminum foil, as cheese can stick).
- Take 2 eggs in a small bowl and beat them and set them aside.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes if using, in a zip-lock sandwich bag. Shake the bag until mixed.
- Dip each string / stick of mozzarella cheese into the beaten egg, then put it in the sandwich bag. Cover the cheese string by shaking the bag and place on a plate. Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes.
- In case if you are baking, place the mozzarella sticks on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- If frying, heat a small amount of oil (preferably olive) in a small skillet about 1/4 inch deep. Heat the oil over medium heat and fry until golden brown. There is no need to try to “fry” them. Brown all over
- Enjoy it as is or use a low sugar marinara sauce
Note On The Recipe
The great thing about Keto Mozzarella Sticks is that you can make a bunch ahead of time. Just bread the cheese sticks and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
They came out beautiful going straight from the freezer to hot oil.
This cheesy snack is a convenient keto snack that you can whip up anytime you want a quick bite.
Net Carbs. 2.9 g · Fiber. 0.6 g · Total Carbs. 3.5 g · Protein. 19.4 g · Fats. 34.4 g.