Keto Devilled coronation eggs dish is lit. This recipe combines a retro canape with a simple classic British sandwich for the perfect party food. Keto Devilled coronation eggs
- eggs 12
- roasted chicken breast 1, (with skin)
- butter 25g
- 4 chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon medium curry powder
- ½ teaspoon mild chili powder, plus extra for dusting
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (any large chunk, chopped)
- lemon a splash of juice
- coriander leaves to serve
1. Put the eggs in cold water, bring them to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and leave under cold running water until completely cool.
2. The oven should be heated at 200C – fan 180C – gas 6. Remove the skin from the chicken and place it on a non-stick baking tray. Put it in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until most of its fat has melted and you are left with the skin golden and crisp. Cold. Cut the rest of the breast into small cubes and put in a bowl.
3. Heat the butter in a skillet and gently cook the chives for 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Add the curry and chili powder and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Peel the eggs, cut them in half and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork, then add the mayonnaise, yogurt, mango hot sauce, and lemon juice. Add the curried onions and beat. Add the chicken, then taste and season.
5. Place the jars of egg white in a bowl. Pour the topping mixture into each egg or use a piping bag to set. Top each with a piece of crispy chicken skin, a coriander leaf, and a pinch of chili powder.
Leave a Comment