YIELD:: 4 Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
This One-Pan Keto Chicken and Mushroom Skillet is shrouded in Swiss cheddar and swimming in a rich mushroom sauce! This simple supper is prepared in less than 30 minutes and has only 2 net carbs per serving!
For the chicken:
- Chicken breast without skin without 1 pound of bones, shot to an equal thickness.
- 1 teaspoon Italian spice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the mushroom sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter, split
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese, half
- Sprinkle with Italian spices, salt, and pepper on each side of the chicken breast.
- In a 12-inch skeleton over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Squeeze the chicken breasts on each side for 3-4 minutes, remove them from the skeleton, and set them aside. (Note that the chicken will not be fully cooked at this stage.)
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, mushrooms, 1/2 cup alcohol, or broth and boil until the liquid is almost gone.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup cream, mix well.
- Add chicken, top with Swiss cheese.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
If you want plenty of sauce, you can double the ingredients in the mushroom sauce.
Amount per serving: Calories: 278 Total fat: 17.2 grams Carbohydrates: 2.9 grams Fiber: 0.6 grams Protein: 27.8 grams
Leave a Comment