This simple Easy Keto Pie Crust recipe can be used for any sweet pie recipe and is quick to prepare. This shortbread-style, crunchy pie crust with almond and coconut flour is the ideal foundation for cream pies, fruit pies, and cheesecakes.
Simple keto pie crust components
- A quarter cup of almond flour
- Coconut flour, 3 tablespoons
- Golden monk fruit, 1/4 cup
- A half-teaspoon of baking powder
- Xanthan gum, half a teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Simple Keto Pie Crust Instructions
- STEP 1 Preheat
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
- A 350-degree oven setting
- STEP 2
- Add it and process it
- All components should be placed in the food processor’s bowl.
- STEP 3
- Push it.
- Until coarse crumbles form, pulse. All the ingredients, excluding the butter and vanilla, can be combined in a bowl if you don’t have a food processor. To mingle, blend. With a fork or pastry blender, mix in the butter and vanilla until coarse crumbs form.
- STEP 4:
Fill out the pie plate
- If making cheesecake, press the crust into a greased pie plate.
- Inside a food processor container, there is butter and other ingredients.
- 5th Step:
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the crust begins to become golden brown. Remove from oven. And let’s cool.
Having the greatest keto pie crust is essential if you have a hankering for pie. Perfect for all kinds of low-carb pies, quiches, tarts, and cheesecakes. It is also quite simple to make. You don’t need to roll out any dough for this keto pie crust because it is a pushed-in crust. Since you don’t have to fiddle with a rolling pin, this makes it simple to whip up keto pies on the spur of the moment.
Pie Crust with Keto Flours
I adore using almond flour and coconut flour together in my baking. The flavor and consistency of conventional all-purpose flour are most closely matched by this combination of keto flour. Additionally, both of these flours are readily available in food stores. For nut allergies, you can substitute sunflower seed flour for almond flour. It is the closest match and will measure cup for cup.
What Function Does Xanthan Gum Serve in Keto Baking? Many ketos and gluten-free baking recipes call for xanthan gum, which gives the dough stability and structure. We don’t use conventional all-purpose flour because a lot of keto recipes are already inherently gluten-free.
o keep our keto dough together since we don’t have gluten, we use xanthan gum.
For making pie crust, use a food processor or pastry blender. In many pie crust recipes, cold butter is called for.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 2.4g
Net Carbs 1g
Leave a Comment