Takis have a cult of their own. Those who adore Takis do so sincerely. In order to accommodate individuals who miss their favorite snack chip, I had to create a low carb Easy Keto Takis. I produced these crunchy, spicy rolled chips using a similar method to my keto corn chips and Doritos! A delcious recipe.
There are numerous Taki varieties available, but since Fuego is the most well-known, I’ll focus on it today. Utilize my basic recipe for keto tortilla chips; I roll the dough into tubes and cook them in avocado oil. To match, the Fuego seasoning was a little complicated.
In addition to being hot and plainly containing a variety of chilli peppers rather than just chilli powder, Fuego Takis also have a mildly sweet and tangy lime flavor. This is an electrolyte powder, thus it adds more salt to the keto Takis to improve the flavor.
- Two-thirds cup of almond flour
- 1 spoonful of protein powder without taste
- Xanthan gum, 1 tbsp
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- boiling water and three teaspoons of avocado oil for frying
- one tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1/four teaspoon of the citrus electrolyte drink mixture
- 1/four teaspoon cayenne
- a quarter-teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered habanero
- STEP 1 Prepare the dough for the rolled chips.
- Almond flour, protein powder with no flavour, xanthan gum, and salt should all be combined in a medium bowl. Combined by stirring. Mix until dough forms after adding hot water.
- EXERCISE 2: Roll out the dough into a thin sheet.
- Between two parchment paper sheets, sandwich dough. Use a rolling pin to spread the dough thinly in all directions while shaping a rectangle. Homemade Takis are more crisp the thinner the dough.
- STEP 3
- Punch small circles from the (tiny biscuit cutter)dough, and then roll each circle to create a tube. Do same with remaining dough
- Step Four: Cook rolled chips.
- A skillet should have enough avocado oil to completely cover each rolled chip. on a medium heat setting. Rolls of chips should be added to heated oil and fried until they begin to turn golden. Utilizing a spotted spatula, remove and transfer to a plate covered with paper towels to dry.
- MAKE Takis seasoning in Step 5.
- Combine chilli powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, lime drink mix, and habanero powder in a small bowl.
- STEP 6 Sprinkle seasoning on the tikis.
- Roll the chips and place them in a big ziploc bag or bowl. Shake or toss until everything is coated after adding the Taki seasoning.
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs 6g
Net Carbs 1.8g