These taste better than the original candy bar and need just 4 ingredients! This easy 5-minute HOMEMADE KETO BOUNTY BARS combined chocolate and coconut, is a quick dessert which is Paleo, Vegan and Nut-Free!
SHREDDED COCONUT FLAKES
On the market, there are several kinds of shredded coconut flakes . They all can be used for the recipe, generally speaking, provided they are unsweetened.
Shredded coconut flakes or macaroon style coconut flakes would be the best kind of coconut to use (often referred to as desiccated coconut).
To ensure the bounty bars remain chewy and slightly crumbly, these two kinds of coconut flakes have the best texture . Any larger flakes, and unless you compensate by adding more syrup, you’ll find it difficult to hold shape .
KETO MAPLE SYRUP
As it gives a subtle sweetness, a syrup is highly recommended to be used, but also helps hold the bars together better.
Which provides ample sweetness, I use a keto maple syrup.
SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Any sugar free chocolate chip brand can be used, for your diet and have melting capabilities, provided they are suitable .
TIPS AND TRICKS
Work very quickly when making the coconut bars, the coconut oil doesn’t start to separate, in order to ensure .
To speed up the process, it is best to use a high-speed blender or food processor, and also ensure the ingredients are fully combined. You’ll find the bars to be a little more course so mixing by hand is fine.
Slice your coconut bars and for 5 minutes, place them in the freezer , prior to dipping in the melted chocolate. If you used a particular brand of shredded coconut which isn’t as dense, this will ensure, it won’t fall apart.
In the fridge, store homemade bounty bars , even though they keep at room temperature. They maintain their shape and form, this will ensure . As the coconut filling will have the best texture, enjoy homemade bounty bars at room temperature.
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup keto maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2-3 cups chocolate chips of choice
- Line a square pan(10 x 10-inch) with parchment paper and put it aside.
- Blend all your ingredients, in a high-speed blender, except for the chocolate, until a thick batter remains.
- Into the lined pan, pour the coconut batter and press firmly into place. Refrigerate until it gets firm.
- Cut your coconut bars up into Twenty Four small bars once firm or Twelve larger ones. Place in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate chips(of choice). From freezer, remove coconut bars and moving quickly, until it gets evenly coated, dip each bar in the melted chocolate. Refrigerate the bounty bars, once all the chocolate is used up, until it gets firm.
** Prefer using canned coconut milk(super thick).
Are best refrigerated. For up to 6 months, they are also freezer friendly.
Vitamin A: 200IU
Vitamin C: 1.7mg
NET CARBS: 3g