Keto 7 Layer Dip. Deliciously decadent party food that’s popular with any crowd, healthy, and colorful!
As we’ve replaced the usual refried beans with fantastic tasty taco meat instead so it’s low carb, which means this layered dip is keto-friendly but for any family gathering or get-together, it’s still perfect.
For eight servings, this amount makes about enough Mexican layered dip and each serving has approximately 4g of net carbs/per serving.
How to make keto 7-layer dip
For this amazingly delicious dip, you’ll need a batch of 1lb of cooked taco meat.
As the taco meat is served cold and you don’t want excess fat in this instance so I recommend you use leaner meat.
Big enough to accommodate about 8 cups or so, choose a large bowl/serving dish.
On the bottom of the bowl, layer the taco meat first, then add a layer of guacamole.
Next comes the cup of thick salsa, and sour cream. So that there’s no excess liquid it’s worth draining the salsa a little through a sieve.
Then, add a layer of iceberg lettuce(shredded).
And finally top with chopped cherry tomatoes, sliced olives, and shredded Mexican cheese.
You can serve it with Keto crackers/celery sticks.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Total Carbs: 7 g
Net Carbs: 4 g
Protein: 20 g
- 1 lb cooked taco meat
- 1 cup sour cream
- ONE cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup lettuce
- ONE cup Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- As directed in my recipe, cook the homemade taco meat. In this instance (90 or 95% lean), it’s better to use leaner beef as you really don’t want excess fat in the meat as the dip is served cold.
- First, on the bottom of the dish, layer the taco meat.
- Then layer one cup of sour cream.
- Add another layer of one cup of guacamole.
- Add one cup of thick salsa, so there’s no excess liquid, drain it well.
- You can use Iceberg or Romaine, and add one cup of shredded lettuce.
- Then top it off with shredded chopped cherry tomatoes, sliced olives, and Mexican cheese.
4g net carbs per serving, serves eight.
Keto 7 Layer Dip
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g69%
Vitamin A 830IU17%
Vitamin C 6.8mg8%