With lots of cheese and Italian flavors, this Simple Low Carb Keto Breakfast Casserole with Sausage is delicious! Healthy, GF, and fantastic to prepare in advance!
Make sausage, then serve it to your partner. <– Making meals like quick pot breakfast casserole will likely be my not-so-secret weapon in my 80+ year marriage to the hubby. Not because he’s difficult or anything, but really? Marriage is difficult.
Sausage is simple.
Why This Recipe Will Be a Hit with You
I adore a delicious casserole. One dish, fewer mess, all the flavor, all the nutritious food together, and the whole family will enjoy devouring it!
Instructions for Making Ahead
I advise putting your casserole together the night before if you want a really simple morning meal.
Remove the plastic wrap in the morning and bake as directed. Voila, it’s SO simple!
Storage instructions for the keto breakfast casserole
The fact that this dish preserves well for such a long period is another reason why it is really fantastic. If you have a hectic morning and don’t have time to plan a nutritious breakfast to start your day, this is the ideal filling and delicious breakfast for you! For roughly 5-7 days in the fridge, I advise keeping your cooked breakfast casserole pieces in an airtight container. Simply reheat the dish in the microwave when you’re ready to eat it, top with basil and pine nuts, and GORGLE!
Do you realize this? Perhaps YOU too can like this delicious bake! Anyway. This simple low-carb keto breakfast casserole with sausage combines all of those taste combinations with the herbs, spices, and unexpected fennel undertones in the meat to create one SERIOUS way to start the day.
- 1 pound of Italian sausage plus four egg whites
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetarian broth with less sodium
- 1/3 cup packed parmesan cheese (2.5 oz)
- a choice of 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- Sliced 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- A little pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced pine nuts
- garnished with fresh basil
- Take an 8-inch baking sheet and spray cooking spray and (400 degrees)preheat oven.
- In a pan(medium) over medium heat, the sausage should be cooked, stirring often. After being cooked, remove any extra fat and distribute it throughout the bottom of the pan.
- Aside from the pine nuts and basil, mix all remaining ingredients in a bowl(big)—whisk them together. Add to the sausage.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs swell up and feel set.
- Add the basil and pine nuts as a garnish, then devour!
Saturated Fat: 14.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.7g
Monounsaturated Fat: 13.7g
Leave a Comment