Keto-friendly alternative to regular pasta, Keto Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash is the perfect dish. We’ll show you how to cook this to perfection in this recipe, then to make this keto dinner truly cheesier and tastier than ever before, top it with a delicious creamy mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, and chicken sauce!
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken/ground turkey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder/minced garlic cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz. (4 tbsp) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (2⁄3 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1¾ cups (7 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- By cutting lengthwise with a sharp knife, slice spaghetti squash in half. It can be quite hard so be careful. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds and fibers.
- In a large baking dish/baking tray, place halves with the cut side up. Season with salt and pepper, brush with olive oil. Place in the oven and for about 30-40 minutes, bake the spaghetti squash until it gets soft, depending on the size.
- Heat a frying pan(large) and add the butter. Add the ground meat and the spices when it starts to sizzle. For about FIFTEEN minutes, fry until it gets browned.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add two-thirds of the mozzarella, cream cheese, parmesan, and cream. Until it gets creamy, let simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the oven when the spaghetti squash is ready and to 450°F, raise the oven temperature. With a fork, loosen the flesh but without scraping it out. Press down(gently) the flesh and pour over the (creamy)chicken sauce. Top with the (rest of)mozzarella cheese.
- For FIVE minutes bake in the oven until the cheese gets a nice golden color.
- Season with finely chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Can I use other types of squash?
You can also use butternut squash if you don’t have access to spaghetti squash.
How long to cook spaghetti squash?
It might take more or less time to bake in the oven depending on the size of your pumpkin, so adjust the time accordingly. It will take more time in the oven if you have a larger pumpkin around 2.5 lbs (1 kg).
Get rid of all the threads around the seeds so don’t throw away the pumpkin seeds, clean and rinse them properly. Sprinkle with some pepper, salt and oil and for about THIRTY minutes, roast them in the oven on 350°F.
Do you like some heat?
When serving the cheesy chicken spaghetti squash add a few drops of hot sauce or tabasco.
How to prepare and bake spaghetti squash
1: Cut the spaghetti squash with a sharp knife.
2: Scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon.
3: Brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about THIRTY minutes.
4: Scrape and loosen the pumpkin flesh with a fork.
Leave a Comment