The decadent KETO CHOCOLATE KAHLUA CAKE . An edible masterpiece. Spiked with sugar-free coffee liqueur, it features tender layers of keto chocolate cake and frosted with a rich coffee buttercream.
Keyword: keto chocolate espresso cake
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 ⅔ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup unflavoured whey protein powder (or egg white protein powder)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup Swerve Granular
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar-free coffee liqueur/¼ cup strong coffee + TWO tbsp. vodka and TWO tbsp. rum
- ¼ cup sugar-free coffee liqueur/TWO tsbp. strong coffee + ONE tbsp. vodka + ONE tbsp. rum
- 1 ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese softened
- ¾ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Keto chocolate sprinkles
- Coffee beans
US Customary – Metric
- To 350°F, preheat the oven and grease 2(two) cake pans(6-inch). With parchment paper circles, line the bottoms of the pans and lightly grease the parchment.
- Whisk together the salt, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder, espresso powder, and almond flour in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter with the sweetener in a large bowl until it gets well combined and fluffy, about TWO minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract and eggs until it gets smooth and creamy.
- In two additions, add the almond flour mixture, alternating with the coffee liqueur. Beat until it gets just well combined, scraping down the the beaters and sides of the bowl.
- Between the two baking pans, divide the mixture evenly, and bake THIRTY to THIRTY FIVE minutes, until to the touch, risen and the tops are firm. Remove and let cool THIRTY minutes in the pans, then around the edges, run a sharp knife and to cool completely, flip out onto a wire rack.
- Slice carefully through the middle of each with a serrated knife once the cakes have completely cooled, to make 4 cake layers. Note: Carefully slice off the domes to even them out if your cakes are very domed at the top.
- Gently in the microwave, warm the coffee liqueur and until it gets dissolved, stir in the espresso powder. To room temperature, let cool.
- Beat the mascarpone with ½ cup of the powdered sweetener in a large bowl until it gets well combined. Beat in TWO tbsp. of coffee mixture.
- Beat the heavy cream with the remaining sweetener and the vanilla in another large bowl until it holds stiff peaks. Add the mascarpone mixture and until just combined, beat on medium speed. Then until the frosting holds stiff peaks, beat in the remaining coffee mixture.
- On a cake plate, place one layer of the cake and spreading to the edges, top with about ½ cup of frosting. Repeat with the remaining frostings and cake layer.
- Over the sides of the cake, spread the remaining frosting, reserving a little for piping decorative accents.
- Around the top of the cake, place coffee beans decoratively and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
- Gently into the base of the cake, press some chocolate sprinkles, all the way around.
Keto Chocolate Kahlua Cake Recipe
Amount Per Serving
(1 serving = 1/12th of cake)
Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Leave a Comment