KETO LOW CARB SHORTBREAD COOKIES . I was working on a pie crust recipe the other day for a low carb pecan pie recipe that I’m currently working on. I thought to myself that this crust would actually make great cookies when experiment with the crust and rolling it out, if I cut them up and tried baking them. It turned out to be a big success!
In such a long time that I haven’t eaten shortbread or butter cookies! When I was a kid, I remember we used to eat these during Christmas and they were so sweet and buttery. To make cookies wasn’t my original intent, but I did want to make a buttery and flaky pie crust. I have a simple almond pie crust, but I’m currently in the process of making a new one!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time12 minutes
Total Time27 minutes
SERVINGS 40 COOKIES
- ▢(120g/4.23oz*) ½ cup unsalted butter (COLD)
- ▢(140g/5.25oz) 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ▢(60g/2.11oz**) ½ cup oat fiber
- ▢½ tsp sea salt
- ▢(60g/2.11oz***) 6 tbsp powdered erythritol
- ▢¼ tsp stevia powder
- ▢(84g/2.96oz) 6 tbsp lilys chocolate chips
- ▢1 tbsp coconut oil
- Make sure to MEASURE all of the ingredients before making this recipe. If it’s not the exact measurements, it WILL affect the cookie dough. So that you can measure with a scale I put them in grams and ounces.
- To 350F, preheat the oven.
- Add the cold butter, almond flour, oat fiber, erythritol, stevia and sea salt in a stand mixer with the dough hook attached.
- On the lowest setting, start the stand mixer and mix for a couple of minutes until it forms a dough. (*I’m sure you could use a food processor/a strong hand mixer too).
- Grab the dough with your hands and form a ball. On top of a parchment paper, place the ball, place another piece of parchment paper over the ball and press down.
- Roll into a 0.3-0.4 inch/0.8-1cm thick disk with a rolling pin. Cut into small bricks/cut using biscuit cutters, a knife/pizza cutter. FORTY cookies, you should be able to make.
- Lift up each cookie with a dough scraper and place onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Until it gets golden brown, bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely. This will solidify the cookies.
- You can dip them in chocolate once the cookies are cooled. Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and microwave Forty secs until it gets melted. To make sure all of the chocolate has melted properly, stir with a spatula. Into the chocolate halfway (or whatever design you want), dip each cookie and back onto the parchment paper, place each dipped cookie.
*For a dairy-free version, you can use palm shortening.
**For paleo, to arrowroot /tapioca flour, switch the oat fiber.
***For paleo, to a sweetener of your choice, switch the erythritol.
KETO LOW CARB SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2.34g15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.09g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.65g
NET CARBS 1.1g2%
Leave a Comment