A healthy and delicious gluten-free take on tacos. Great for a quick keto lunch, Keto Mini Cheese Shell Tacos with yummy toppings.
Gluten-Free. Keto. Low-Carb.
Next to nothing prep time, and using only 6 easy ingredients, in no more than TWENTY minutes, you’ll have this delicious carb-free Mexican fiesta. Honestly, what more can you ask for? For 1 minute, a little bit of cheese gets microwaved, (carefully)scooped up, and draped over the side of a baking dish, and there you are!
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 tacos
For The Keto Cheese Taco Shells:
- ▢1 cup shredded cheese
For The Toppings:
- ▢8 oz ground beef (200g)
- ▢½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ▢½ teaspoon paprika
- ▢to taste sour cream
- ▢½ teaspoon Mexican chili
- ▢¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ▢½ cup water
- ▢(finely shredded) ½ cup lettuce
- ▢1 Roma tomato (diced)
- ▢to taste salt and pepper
- Over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef.
- Add the water, salt, pepper, and spices once browned. Lower the heat and until the ground beef is at your desired level of sauciness, allow everything to simmer together.
- You make the microwave tacos while the ground beef simmers. For two tacos, a ¼ cup of shredded cheese is enough. Into two thin rounds, divide a ¼ cup and for approximately 45 – 60 seconds, put in the microwave(This will vary with different microwaves).
- Once to the touch, they feel crispy, from the plate, carefully lift them and until cooled, drape them over the side of a baking tray.
- Fill with the toppings, once you’ve made EIGHT shells, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- To microwave the cheese, we use a regular dinner plate. We keep an eye on it and in the center, once it just barely starts to brown(we remove it from the microwave). With a spatula, they lift pretty easily from the plate, but to make it easier, you can also use parchment paper underneath the cheese.
- To cool down and harden, we draped the cheese over the side of a casserole dish.
- (The “toppings” are only suggestions)You can add whatever you like
Saturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 347IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
Leave a Comment