KETO PUMPKIN DONUTS WITH MAPLE GLAZE. Dipped in a maple cream cheese glaze, pumpkin flavored donuts that have amazing flavor and texture!
You will feel like you’re cheating because they are so close to the real thing.
With my homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice mix, I spice them up and add my new favorite Brown Swerve(which honestly tastes just like brown sugar!)
In a maple cream cheese glaze, I dip them, which brings these to a new level of decadence! They promise to satisfy your craving for donuts and are incredibly easy to make!
IS PUMPKIN KETO?
In a whole cup of pumpkin puree, there are about 8 net carbs.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
For the Donuts
▢1 ½ cups super fine almond flour
▢¼ cup Oat Fiber , see notes
▢3 eggs, separated
▢¾ cup pumpkin puree
▢room temperature 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter,
▢½ cup Brown Swerve
▢2 teaspoons baking powder
▢2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice,
▢1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
▢Pinch of salt
For the Glaze
▢¼ cup cream cheese
▢3-4 tablespoons swerve confectioners,
▢1 tablespoon heavy cream
▢1 tablespoon hot water,
▢¼ teaspoon pure maple extract
▢½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To Make the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To a bowl, add the salt, baking powder, oat fiber, pumpkin pie spice and flour and whisk together, then put it aside.
- Using a hand mixer, whip up the egg whites until you have soft peaks. To a separate bowl, add the swerve and wet ingredients and mix.
- Into the wet, add the dry ingredients and mix by hand. Then until it gets combined, fold in the egg whites. Scoop into a piping bag, and into a silicone donut pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cut off the tip and pipe.
- Until a toothpick, when inserted comes out clean, bake for TWENTY minutes . Then while you make the glaze, allow to cool on a wire rack .
To Make the Glaze
- To a bowl, add the cream cheese and gently to soften, heat in the microwave , but do not completely melt it. Add in the vanilla extracts and maple, then the swerve and heavy cream. To get your desired consistency, add more heavy cream or hot water as needed.
- Into the glaze, dip each donut and on the wire rack, set back. For more of a frosting, you can glaze just the top, top and bottom of double dip.
- So they are more frosted than glazed, I double dipped them.
Keto Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
Amount Per Serving
Calories 138Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%