The best soft, spongy Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Upside Down Cake was created by combining two of America’s traditional fruit and vegetable pairings.
- Four big strawberries, chunked into pieces
- 3 sliced rhubarb stalks
- Powdered arrowroot, two tablespoons
- erythritol or monk fruit sweetener, divided into 3/4 cups
- 1 1/4 cups of softened unsalted butter
- Golden monk fruit, 1/3 cup
- 1 and a half cups almond flour
- One-fourth cup coconut flour
- Baking powder, two teaspoons
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- one lemon’s zest
- a single vanilla bean
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup low-carb yogurt or sour cream
- Lemon juice, two teaspoons
- STEP 1: Heat the oven.
- Grease the bottom and the sides of a sizable bundt pan and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Obtain a medium bowl.
- In a bowl(medium), combine the 1/4 cup of erythritol, strawberries, arrowroot, and rhubarb. Put aside.
- STEP 3 Obtain a little bowl.
- Sift the salt, baking soda, and flour together in a small basin. Place aside.
- STEP 4 Obtain a big basin.
- By an electric mixer, whip the butter in a bowl (about 3-4 minutes of mixing)until it turns light.
- STEP 5
- Mix till frothy after adding 1/2 cup of erythritol and lemon zest. Next, reserve 1/4 cup of the butter mixture.
- STEP 6
- One at a time, mix in the eggs: blend, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and sour cream.
- STEP 7
The dry ingredients in.
- Into the wet ingredients, mix dry components.
- STEP 8
Using a pot
- Add the golden monk fruit and 1/4 cup of the saved butter to a skillet over medium heat. until bubbling, whisk (about 2-3 minutes). Get rid of the heat. Pour into the bundt pan’s bottom.
- STEP 9
Blend the strawberries in.
- On top of the layer of sweetened butter, spoon the strawberry combination and juices.
- STEP 10: Cook it
- Evenly over the fruit layer, spread cake batter. The cake should be firm to the touch after about 45 minutes of baking at 325.
- STEP 11 Allow cooling
- After taking it out of the oven, let it cool for about 30 minutes in the bundt pan. Before turning over, if necessary, loosen from the sides.
When rhubarb and strawberries are in season, something amazing occurs. Together, they produce a distinctive sour and sweet flavor combination. Since both strawberries and rhubarb are in season, it only makes sense that we would develop some delectable keto dessert recipes with both.
This sugar-free upside-down cake with strawberries and rhubarb is keto-friendly.
Are Strawberries Keto?
Rhubarb is it Keto? Rhubarb is a vegetable with few carbohydrates. Per stalk, it has 1.2 net carbohydrates. Rhubarb is okay for keto.
Berries often contain less sugar. Because they contain less natural sugar, strawberries are a fruit that fits the keto diet.
Take advantage of the strawberry season by making your favorite keto strawberry treats as strawberries are in season from mid-May to late June. My favorite sweetener for keto Lakanto Classic Monkfruit, a keto sweetener based on monkfruit and erythritol, is the sweetener I use in this recipe. Additionally, I use Lakanto Golden.