If you’re thinking of making your keto meal plan this week, we highly prefer that you add this Low Carb Parmesan Crusted Chicken to your plan.
This recipe can be done with baked chicken on a baking sheet, but we prefer using your Air Fryer because it is faster and better for you. This recipe is so delicious and have a great texture that you’ll want to make it again and again.
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- six thin sliced chicken breasts (1.3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Basil or parsley for garnish
- In a food processor put pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. By pulsing a few times let it get well combined and the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Put it in a bowl and set to the side.
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs together, set to the side.
- Dip chicken breast into the egg wash and then dip into the crushed pork rind mixture.
- Add to the basket of an Air Fryer and repeat with two more chicken breasts.( done in 2 batches)
- With cooking spray, spray the tops of chicken.
- Set temp. to 390 degrees and the timer for 10 mins. After ten mins, flip chicken and spray that side and cook an additional 3 mins.
- Next, over the chicken add about 2-3 teaspoons of marinara sauce, leave edges untouched. To coat the marinara sauce sprinkle over mozzarella cheese .
- Turn heat up to 400 degrees and heat for 2 mins until cheese melts.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve with chopped basil or parsley.
|Total Fat||32.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||10.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1.5 g|
Leave a Comment