Cabbage with rice is a healthy version of the 30 Minute Cato Jambaliya Classic, which has just as much flavor. This low-carb jumbo recipe makes it easy to cook a dish of Keto. Course Main Course Meals US Calories 449 kcal Preparation Time 10 Minutes Cooking Time 20 Minutes Total Time 30 Minutes Serving by author Maya Kramp.
Low Carbo Keto Jumbo Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 pound end oli sausage (finely chopped)
- 2 large peppers (chopped I used red and green)
- 1/2 large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and prepared, melted upon freezing)
- 2 lbs cabbage (rice fresh or frozen)
- 1 14.5-oz can roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- Cook 2 tbsp Cajun (if you don’t want spicy, start with 1 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (to taste)
- Green onions (chopped option optional, for garnish)
- Fresh parsley (chopped al optional, for garnish)
Low Carbo Keto Jumbo Recipe Instructions
- Hotness oil in an enormous Dutch stove over medium hotness. Add bell pepper, onion, and celery. Fry for 5-8 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add chopped sausage. Fry for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Make a well in the middle and add minced garlic. Let it simmer for about 30 seconds, until fragrant, then stir with everything.
- Add cabbage rice, chopped tomatoes, bone broth, and baking cajun. Stir together, then add the shrimp. Turn up the heat to a simmer, then stir occasionally, until the cabbage is tender, the shrimp are cooked, and the liquid is reduced about 5-7 minutes. It will release more liquid first and then decrease in volume again as it boils more.
- Season with salt to taste, and/or cook more cashews if you wish. Garnish with green onions and parsley if desired.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups (slightly piled), or 1/6 whole recipe.
Nutrition information for service.
Nutrition facts per service. Serving size in prescription notes above. Calories449Fat27.9gProtein33.5gTotal Carbs14.9gNet Carbs9.9gFiber5gSugar6.9g
Where does nutrition information come from? Nutrition facts are taken from the USDA Food Database. You can find out the number of individual carbs used in the low carb and cat food list. Net carb counts exclude fiber, erythritol, and alloys, as they do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to calculate.