Vegan Mushroom Avocado Toast tastes amazing and is perfect for a quick and easy lunch, dinner, or even breakfast if you like to eat something spicy in the morning.
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced, any variety
- 2-3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices of toast
- 1 avocado
- fresh lemon – for juice
- Heat the skillet over high heat. Add the oil. Put the garlic, when the oil becomes hot, . About a minute later, pour in the mushrooms. Mix the oil a little with a spatula.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the mushrooms cook for 1-3 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to low, remove the lid, add salt and pepper, and toss the mushrooms a little.
- Turn off the heat and add the vinegar. Shake. Turn the heat back up and allow the excess liquid to burn off. The mushrooms should be slightly browned and considerably reduced in size at this point. Turn off the heat and let them rest in the pan while you prepare the toasts.
- Toast bread and mash the avocado until you get a toast. Squeeze the lemon on top.
Top the avocado toast with the hot mushrooms. Cut and serve.