You can that this ALMOND FLOUR KETO CREPES recipe might be a thin version of keto pancakes, but they sure are delicious. It has a different texture, and unlike pancakes, you can make these crepes sweet or savory. It’s a perfect breakfast if you’re on a keto diet or on lo carb diet. Plus it can easily be transformed into an elegant carb-conscious dessert.
WHAT ARE CREPES?
- These have lacy edges and a buttery flavor and it’s light, thin, French-style pancakes.
ARE CREPES KETO FRIENDLY?
- Most crepes are hard to fit into a keto diet, as they have conventional flour, sugar, and milk. But that’s why we are here: You can make keto crepes easy, with just a few ingredients! Try this almond flour version and our thin and flourless cream cheese pancakes and see for yourself.
CAN YOU MAKE CREPES WITH ALMOND FLOUR?
- Yes you can, but there’s a limitation. White flour have the gluten proteins but Almond flour doesn’t have that, so it won’t hold together on its own. That’s why in this recipe has a special ingredient added to keep them together.
BASE KETO CREPES RECIPE
- 2 tbsp Gelatin powder
- 1 cup Water (divided)
- 1 cup Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Ghee (melted; or coconut oil for dairy-free)
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS (ONLY FOR SWEET CREPES)
- 1 tbsp Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Take a bowl and put gelatin in it with 1/2 cup water. Put it aside for 3 mins to bloom.
- Meanwhile mix remaining 1/2 cup water, eggs, sea salt, melted ghee, almond flour, and optional ingredients in a blender. Blend until it gets smooth.
- Put gelatin mixture in blender and blend until it get smooth. Thin out with a little more water, if it’s very thick for crepe batter.
- Take a 8-inch oiled pan and heat at over medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and simultaneously tilt in a circle repeatedly, so that it spreads evenly into a thin layer. You should be able to get 2-3 rotations in. Heat for 1-2 mins, until the edges are dry, then carefully flip and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Total Carbs2g
- Net Carbs1g