This easy and delicious Brazilian Keto Shrimp Stew comforts you like you need when the weather cools down and you feel like nesting, but it also stimulates you with tropical flavor and a fiery heat that makes you wish you were eating it on some beach with your toes jammed into the sand and a cold beer by your side.
One thing I love about stews is that they are relatively easy to make low carb and gluten free, without sacrificing flavor or texture.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup diced roasted red peppers
- can diced tomatoes 1 (14 ounce) with green chile peppers
- deveined and peeled, 1 ½ pounds raw shrimp,
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1
In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Put onion and heat until translucent and soft, about Five minutes. Put red peppers and garlic; heat Two to Three minutes more. Put cilantro, shrimp, and tomatoes and until shrimp are opaque, simmer gently, about Five minutes. Into the saucepan, pour coconut milk, add sriracha sauce, and heat until just heated through without boiling. Put lime juice and season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- In place of sriracha, use sambal oelek sauce
Per Serving: 393 calories; protein 30g; carbohydrates 8.6g; fat 27.2g; cholesterol 258.9mg; sodium 1110.4mg.
Leave a Comment