Cheesy Keto Gnocchi with Fathead Dough. A Gnocchi made from fathead dough can easily satisfy your cravings for high carb pasta, who would suggest these small pillows.
Into the dough, we added a small number of ground peanuts and made them way much tastier.
Fathead dough can help you to awake the child you hide deep inside and it can be such fun. To every child, bring the dough and you’ll see the smile on their face.
For the first time on our menu we have made this small keto gnocchi. By their texture and flavor, we can tell you we are so surprised.
Did we mention that with more shredded cheese, they are topped and for TEN extra minutes, baked in the oven? The most interesting part is at the very end.
To make them soft, you cook them first then to get the most of the flavor, bake in the oven. On top of the dish, melted cheese is like the cherry.
Some of the suggestions for the seasonings are dried basil, parsley, and oregano you will want to try with our Keto gnocchi. Combine these three/use only one of them. The choice is yours.
Your lunch/dinner idea is served!
Combine mozzarella cheese and butter in the (medium-size)microwave-safe bowl. In a double boiler, you can do this if you like. Microwave for THIRTY seconds. Stir and microwave for TEN seconds more, if needed. Until it gets smooth, stir the mixture again.
Add in egg, salt, peanut flour/or coconut flour, and almond flour. With a spatula, mix well all ingredients then with your hands, knead the dough. These can take a few minutes. Everything should well combined.
Into FOUR small parts or THREE bigger, divide the big bowl. Roll each part and into the size you like, cut.
Gnocchi is going to be bite-sized, so we make them thinner.
To a boil, bring a pot of salted water.
To the water, add the gnocchi and until they are soft, boil for TWO minutes.
Meanwhile, to 375F, preheat the oven. On a parchment paper, place them.
With basil and shredded gouda, top each gnocchi and for TEN minutes, bake in the oven.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Cuisine: Keto, Low Carb
Keyword: Keto Gnocchi
Servings: 3Calories: 343kcal
For fathead dough
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup peanut flour or coconut flour
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tsp dried basil
- In the microwave, melt butter and mozzarella cheese for THIRTY seconds. If needed, put for 10 seconds more, again in the microwave. The mixture should be smooth and soft.
- Add in salt to taste, almond flour, one egg, and peanut flour (or coconut flour).
- With a spatula, stir then with your hands, knead the dough. It’s easier.
- Into FOUR parts, divide the dough. As thin as you can, roll each of them. To cut your gnocchi, use a knife.
- To a boil bring a pot with salted water.
- Meanwhile, to 375 F, preheat the oven.
- Until it gets soft, boil gnocchi for 1 -2 minutes.
- Place them on a parchment paper, when all of them are cooked. Top with more dried basil and shredded cheese.
- For TEN minutes, bake in the preheated oven. Enjoy and serve with your (favorite)sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 343Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g44%
Vitamin A 599IU12%