With this CREAMY KETO CHICKEN MARSALA, tender and juicy chicken breasts are enveloped in a luscious creamy sauce. This is an easy keto chicken recipe that is hearty and satisfying and one that can be on the table in about 30!
WHAT IS MARSALA?
(wine with spirits added to it, in this case, brandy)Marsala is a kind of fortified wine that’s made in Italy, usually in and around Sicily. It is often used in cooking.
it has a distinct flavor, valued for its sweet, nutty flavor profile, that pairs perfectly with cream, mushrooms, and chicken. Make sure you look for a drinking wine, not a cooking wine(they often have added salt).
CAN YOU MAKE IT WITHOUT WINE?
Well, without the addition of Marsala, you can make this low-carb chicken Marsala dish, but then it would be just chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce.
Course Keto Dinner Recipes
Keywords chicken, marsala, mushrooms, wine
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time25 minutes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 12 ounces of mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp shallots diced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup marsala
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- To a sizzle, bring 1 tablespoon of butter and the avocado oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken and then for 2-3 minutes, brown it on both sides over medium-high heat or until it gets lightly golden brown. Put chicken aside.
- Add another tablespoon of butter and until the mushrooms are tender and have given up their liquid, sauté the mushrooms, shallots, and garlic – about 4-5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the bone broth, with the mushrooms and shallots still in the pan, and then add the heavy cream. To a simmer, turn the heat down, and by about a third, reduce the sauce.
- Into the sauce, put the chicken and any juices back and simmer to 165-F, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the Marsala wine and whisk in the butter(remaining). Add the green onions.
- Thicken with (optional)xanthan gum, top with parsley, and serve!
CREAMY KETO CHICKEN MARSALA
Serving: 1breast and 1/4 cup sauce
Saturated Fat: 21g
Trans Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 1420IU
Vitamin C: 13mg
Net Carbohydrates: 8g