This Keto Broccoli Casserole With Turkey is a warm, hearty, and satisfying dish, terrific use of holiday leftovers, that will impress everyone without you breaking a sweat in the kitchen!
With a creamy sauce, a hint of bacon, a crunchy and buttery topping, and plenty of tender turkeys, there aren’t too many ingredients in this flavor-packed casserole, and, it’s filling AND delicious.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS
- An oven-safe casserole dish
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Use fresh with this dish, not frozen broccoli.
- Xanthan gum – It does a great job of thickening, love it or hates it. To thicken this sauce, it just takes a pinch (1/4 tsp or so).
- This is a great leftover turkey recipe but use leftover chicken instead, if you don’t have any.
- With a pinch of red pepper flakes, spice it up a bit.
- Skip the pork rind topping if you don’t like pork panko and before baking, sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top.
Course Side Dish
Keywords broccoli, casserole, keto side dish, turkey, turkey leftovers
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Total Time30 minutes
- 3 cups turkey diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 5 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup pork panko
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
1. Into florets or bite-size pieces, wash and chop the broccoli. Put them in a (large)glass bowl/measuring cup, add 1/4 cup of water, and with plastic wrap, cover tightly. For 2 minutes, cook on high in the microwave or until the broccoli is a bit tender and bright green. Drain and put it aside.
2. In a skillet, fry the bacon and onion until the onion is translucent and the bacon is lightly crisp. About 5-6 minutes. Except for 1 tbsp of the fat, drain all.
3. To the skillet, add the softened cream cheese and chicken stock and blend well over medium-low heat. Whisk in the lemon juice and mustard powder.
4. Add the cream and thicken with 1/4 tsp of (optional)xanthan gum. Mix until it gets creamy and smooth.
5. Fold in the diced turkey and drained broccoli. Mix well to combine.
6. Into a buttered casserole dish, pour the contents and top with the pork panko and dot with the butter.
7. Bake at 375-F7. For about 10-15 minutes, fake at 375-F until golden brown and bubbling. Serve and enjoy!
Keto Broccoli Casserole With Turkey
Saturated Fat: 12g
Vitamin A: 1069IU
Vitamin C: 56mg
Net Carbohydrates: 6g