Deep Fried Keto Donuts. Our weakness. They are easy to flavor however you like, sweet, and dense. Try dipping them in chocolate or covering them in keto powdered sweetener. You’re sure to love these Deep Fried Keto Donuts, no matter how you take em’.
SAFETY TIPS WHILE FRYING
No matter what you are making in it, hot oil is always dangerous. While frying, please follow proper safety guidelines. To avoid injury or fires:
- Maintain your oil temperature
- Always keep baking soda near by. DO NOT PUT WATER ON IT if a grease fire is to start! To smoother the flames, evenly spread baking soda or salt overtop.
- Cover the pot with a lid to prevent the flames from taking in oxygen and turn off the heat source in cases of fires that are larger.
total time 40 minutes
servings 12 donut holes
calories per serving 67kcal
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
What You Need:
- Mixing Bowls
- Large Skillet
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour (80g)
- 2 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder (15g)
- 1 tsp Baking powder (4g)
- 2 tbsp Low Carb Sugar Substitute (24g)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (optional) (2g)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter (14g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (5ml)
- Oil for Frying
- 10-15 drops Liquid Stevia
- Whisk together the wet ingredients well in a bowl. Mix together all the dry ingredients using another bowl.
- To the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients. Whisk together until it gets combined. For 5-10 minutes, place the mixture in the fridge to allow the mixture to firm up.
- Meanwhile, on medium low, heat the frying oil. Take the bowl out of the fridge, and to divide the dough into around TWELVE donut holes, use a mini scoop or a tablespoon. By weighing the balls, you can divide the dough. Each ball should be 15-17 grams.
- Wet your hands, and into a uniform ball, roll out each piece. Before frying, check the oil’s temperature. Between 270F -290 F, try to maintain a temperature.
- Gently into the oil, place the donut holes. To maintain the oil temperature, fry them in 2- 3 batches. For TWO minutes on each side, they should be fried, or until it gets golden. Around FIVE minutes in total. Take them out and to drain the excess oil, place them on kitchen towels.
- Until all the donut holes are fried, do same.
- As a garnish, sprinkle powdered erythritol. You can serve It with sugar free ganache.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 67Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 74IU1%
Leave a Comment