Keto Four Cheese Spaghetti Squash. Low-carb four cheese spaghetti squash is in and traditional high carb spaghetti noodles are out. Did we say a bunch of cheese?
A low-carb alternative to regular alfredo pasta.
Relatively foolproof, in both preparation and taste. I mean, when tons of garlic, heavy cream, and cheese come together and adorn one of fall’s favorite vegetable, what could possibly go wrong? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
The flavors on point and the presentation is quite impressive. A gentle scraping of a fork across the surface of the spaghetti squash reveals tender strands of “spaghetti” once fully cooked. The strands mix into the other add-ins, creating a sumptuously aromatic, and a decadent seasonal pasta experience while you scrape away at the squash, only without all the calories and carbs.
Spaghetti Squash vs. Regular White Flour Spaghetti
Unlike many other squash varieties spaghetti squash is a winter squash with a mild flavor that, isn’t very sweet. With an added crunch and much lower carbohydrate profile, the squash fills in for regular spaghetti pasta. There are 31 grams and 7 grams of carbohydrates in a 100-gram portion of both regular white spaghetti pasta and spaghetti squash, respectively. With 27 calories to regular spaghetti’s 158 calories per 100 gram serving, spaghetti squash also has much fewer calories.
A good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and iron.
Four Cheese Spaghetti Squash
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and “guts” removed
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- (carefully!)Cut squash in half
- With olive oil, brush squash (cut side up) and season generously with pepper and salt
- Until tender or around FORTY FIVE minutes, bake on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and until fragrant and soft, cook.
- Mix until combined after stirring in cream and broth, then add all cheese; stir until it gets combined
- Rake the inside of the squash and move the “spaghetti” to the skillet using a fork
- Until completely combined, stir and continue to heat through.
- With a little more cheese, sprinkle the top (if you wish) and for the nom-age, dish out!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 28g
Leave a Comment