Low Carb Keto Sloppy Joes. This is a perfect weeknight family recipe that everyone can enjoy, definitely low carb and keto-friendly. Instant pot recipe included as well. So easy! An amazing recipe which is going to be loved by the whole family so you must give it a try!
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
2 lb ground beef 80% fat
1 lb pork sausage
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
8 oz tomato sauce
3/4 cup ketchup (sugar-free)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1/4 teaspoon salt
(thickening agent, optional)1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 pounds ground beef 80%
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- (use sugar free if on keto)3/4 cup ketchup
- (use Swerve if on keto)1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ONE tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- (thickening agent, optional)1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Add ground beef, pork sausage, and onion, over medium-high heat, in a large skillet. Cook until onions are tender and no longer pink.
- With a nonstick spray, spray crockpot. To slow cooker, add onion mixture and cooked meat.
- To slow cooker, add salt, Worcestershire, ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, tomato sauce, and garlic. Combine all ingredients. For FOUR to SIX hours, turn on low.
- You can whisk in 1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum if the mixture has become too runny and for about FIFTEEN minutes, let sit to thicken. Add only 1/4 teaspoon at a time. A little goes a long way.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Brown ground beef, sausage, and onions, with pressure cooker set on Saute, medium heat.
- To slow cooker, add salt, chili powder, ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, vinegar, mustard, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, and garlic. Combine all ingredients. Lock lid and for FIVE minutes, set pressure cooker on High.
- Allow pressure release naturally for 15 minutes once cooking is complete, then do a quick release.
- You can whisk in 1/2 teaspoon of xantham gum if the mixture has become too runny and for about 15 minutes, let sit to thicken. Add only 1/4 teaspoon at a time. A little goes a long way.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 26.2g
NET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.6g