Deep Fried Keto Donuts. Donut holes are our weakness. They are easy to flavor however you like, sweet, and dense. Try dipping them in chocolate or covering them in keto powdered sweetener. You’re sure to love these keto donuts, no matter how you take em’.
Gluten Free Keto Donuts
We just had to make keto donuts as we knew for our next recipe. What better way to make keto donuts than gluten free and 100% sugar free? We came up with the perfect mixture to make gluten free donuts that aren’t dry and sandy using a blend of flours and ingredients.
What You Need:
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour (80g)
- 2 tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder (15g)
- 1 tsp Baking powder (4g)
- 2 tbsp Low Carb Sugar Substitute (24g)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (optional) (2g)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter (14g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (5ml)
- Oil for Frying
- 10-15 drops Liquid Stevia
- Whisk together the wet ingredients well in a bowl. Mix together all the dry ingredients using another bowl.
- To the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients. Whisk together until it gets combined. For 5-10 minutes, place the mixture in the fridge to allow the mixture to firm up.
- Meanwhile, on medium low, heat the frying oil. Take the bowl out of the fridge, and to divide the dough into around TWELVE donut holes, use a mini scoop or a tablespoon. By weighing the balls, you can divide the dough. Each ball should be 15-17 grams.
- Wet your hands, and into a uniform ball, roll out each piece. Before frying, check the oil’s temperature. Between 270F -290 F, try to maintain a temperature.
- Gently into the oil, place the donut holes. To maintain the oil temperature, fry them in 2- 3 batches. For TWO minutes on each side, they should be fried, or until it gets golden. Around 5 minutes in total. Place them on kitchen towels to drain the excess oil after taking them out.
- Until all the donut holes are fried, repeat.
- As a garnish, sprinkle powdered erythritol.
Net Carbs: 1g
Psyllium husk helps bind and thicken the dough so I don’t recommend skipping it. On the inside, it also gives the donuts a “bread” texture.
When frying the donuts, make sure to maintain a low temperature, the almond flour browns really fast. To cook on the inside as well, give the donuts enough time.
Keto Donut Holes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 67Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 74IU1%