ESPRESSO KETO BROWNIES. Made with zero-sugar sweetener and almond flour. These grain-free fudge brownies are sinfully delicious and low-carb! For those watching their sugar intake, it is perfect.
Ingredients for Espresso Keto Brownies:
Butter/ghee: the moist maker. In the flavor of these brownies, the fat plays a pivitol role, so depending on your personal taste, select it wisely. Coconut oil, ghee and Butter all work. My preference is grass-fed butter!
Baking Chocolate: You’ll need to use a 100% chocolate bar in order to keep this keto.
Almond Flour: that substance that ensures you can pick the thing up with your hand and soaks up the deliciousness of the butter. A great source of fiber, magnesium and fat is almond flour.
Eggs: the glue that holds it all together.
Instant Espresso Granules: to make these taste extra special and unique, that magical ingredient we add. Honestly, you can swap it out for cocoa powder and the world will keep on turning if you don’t have instant espresso or instant coffee on hand.
Vanilla extract: gives any baked good that wonderful warmth. Unless you have to, don’t skip it!
Sea salt: as far as I’m concerned, sea salt is secretly mandatory in any sweet treat. Makes the thing taste richer and also sweeter, it is a flavor enhancer.
- 4 ounces baker’s chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter/ghee/coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup superfine almond flour, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar-free granulated sweetener
- 3 Tbsp instant espresso granules
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and with parchment paper, line a loaf pan(9” x 5”).
- In a small saucepan, place the chocolate and butter and heat over medium. Stir until it gets melted then take it away from the heat. To a boil, avoid bringing the mixture.
- Stir in the sea salt, sweetener, vanilla extract, espresso granules and flour.
- Whisk up the eggs in a bowl then to the brownie mixture, add them and stir well. This is normal as the batter will look very grainy and oily!
- To the lined loaf pan, transfer the brownie batter and smooth into an even layer. You’ll probably think it won’t work out as it will look oily…don’t worry, it will! For 18-20 minutes, bake on the center rack of the preheated oven.
- They will have a substantial layer of grease on top when you pull the brownies out of the oven…this is normal! To cool, let brownies and the butter will soak back in. Transfer the brownies to a cutting board once completely cool. Sprinkle with sugar-free confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder/more instant espresso granules.
- Cut and serve.
1 of 8
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 28g
Unsaturated Fat 0g