HAM PICKLE ROLL UPS. Pickle and cream cheese ham roll ups are healthy, easy, and ready in just TEN minutes. They make a appetizer or delicious snack!
Ham pickle roll ups, meet your new favorite snack, appetizer, or meal! Not only they take just a few minutes, but they make a tasty and filling snack. This is going to be a favorite if you love pickle, cream cheese, and ham flavors.
And you can also use it to make deviled ham salad or chef salad if you’ve got extra ham.
WHAT ARE HAM ROLL UPS?
Simple and tasty snack that consists of a slice of ham, spread with cream cheese and with a pickle and green onion, rolled together.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Tangy, salty, and creamy flavor
- Crunchy and creamy texture
- Super quick to make
- Common, real food ingredients
- Easy and delicious snack/appetizer
HAM PICKLE ROLL UPS INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese – You could also use savory flavored ones, such as garlic herb but I used plain cream cheese. For a dairy-free option, dairy-free cream cheese works fine as well.
- Ham – To avoid tearing but thin enough to roll up, choose ham slices that is thick enough. I recommend getting ones without added nitrates/nitrites. Such as turkey, you can also swap this with other deli meats.
- Dill pickles – Similarly to the width of your ham slices, choose ones sizes. Pickle spears will work great as well but I used whole pickles.
- Green onions – I love the added flavor and crunch, but feel free to skip these. You can also substitute fresh chives.
ARE HAM ROLL UPS HEALTHY?
Yes, it’s a healthy and filling snack. Each serving has 7.8 grams(protein)!
ARE HAM PICKLE ROLL UPS GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes, these roll ups are naturally gluten-free.
CAN YOU MAKE THESE ROLL UPS DAIRY-FREE?
Yes, by using dairy-free cream cheese, you can make the ham roll ups recipe dairy-free.
CAN YOU MAKE HAM ROLL UPS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, a few days in advance, you can make ham roll ups.
CAN YOU FREEZE HAM ROLL UPS?
No, because the texture of the pickles and cream cheese won’t hold up so I would not recommend freezing these.
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 6 oz Ham (slices)
- 6 medium Dill pickles
- (cut into 3 inch pieces)3 medium Green onions
- On each slice of ham, spread ONE tablespoon (14 g) of cream cheese.
- At one end of each ham slice, place a pickle and scallion and roll it up into a tube shape.
- Into FOUR pieces, cut each roll-up. Secure with toothpicks, if desired.
Amount per serving.