Keto apple crisp is the ultimate fall dessert. In this delicious dish, toasted walnuts makes a sweet, irresistible topping. This keto apple crisp is the most inviting and comforting dessert that uses a secret ingredient to keep it low carb! Apple-free, sugar-free, and grain-free, it takes MINUTES to make and it’s perfect every time.
- 2 1/2 lb zucchini, peeled and halved lengthwise (3 large)
- 1/3 c. Swerve brown
- 1 tablespoon. butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- FOR THE CRISP
- 1 cup bleached finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Swerve brown
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 7 tablespoons of butter, melted and little cooled, plus more for brushing
- Make the filling: Using a spoon, scrape the seeds out of the center of each zucchini half and cut them crosswise into 1⁄4-inch-thick pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the zucchini, sweetener, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is juicy and thickened, about 15 minutes. Keep away from heat.
- Make crispy: Preheat the oven to 350 °. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and salt, breaking up large pieces with your fingers, if necessary. Add the walnuts and butter and stir until combined and lumps form.
- Butter a 1-quart cast iron skillet or baking dish. Pour the zucchini mixture into a prepared baking dish. Spread the breadcrumbs on top. Bake until the top is golden brown and the juices are bubbling around the edges, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Total Fat: 17.5gSaturated Fat: 6.2gCholesterol: 24mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7g Dietary Fiber: 2.4gTotal Sugars: 4.8g