Keto Bacon and Broccoli Chicken Alfredo. A luxurious dish – there’s no way around it. Grilled chicken and pasta, cheesy, rich sauce blankets .
At least for me, the texture is integral to the dish. I have noticed that pasta adds texture more than anything else since I have been low-carbing (decades) ?? To get that sauce from the plate, it’s a vehicle to your mouth. I used broccoli in this dish to stand in for the pasta.
To pull it all together nicely, the spiciness of the meat sets of the rich creaminess of the sauce and the broccoli acts as the pasta .
If you want to do several portions at once, this will freeze well and freeze them individually. Don’t completely cook the broccoli if you are planning on freezing ?? leave it a little crisp. That way when you warm it up, it won’t be mushy .
Course Light Dinner/Lunch, Low Carb Main
Cuisine American – low -carb, Italian
Keyword alfredo, bacon, chicken
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 1/3 lb chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- pinch of garlic powder
- (for sauteing preferably chipotle infused)Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Alfredo Sauce
- 3/4 cup broccoli
- 1 slice bacon cooked crisp
- Until it gets tender, steam the broccoli .
- Into bite sized pieces or leave whole, cut the chicken breast .
- With the salt, pepper, ancho, cayenne, and garlic, season on both sides .
- In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil until it shimmers and then lay the meat down in it, carefully .
- Until it gets caramelized and golden brown on one side, cook.
- Until it is done, flip and cook on the other side, on a meat thermometer, about 160 .
- For the juices to be absorbed into the meat, let stand for a few minutes . During this time, it will finish cooking to 165F.
- Heat the Alfredo sauce .
- Gently, mix the broccoli and chicken together and then pour the sauce over it and mix in well.
- On top, crumble bacon.
- Arrange the broccoli on the plate if using the chicken breast whole , add the chicken breast and then sauce it carefully. For garnish, add the bacon.
For up to three months, this dish freezes well .
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 764mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 553IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg