KETO LOW CARB SUGAR FREE ICE CREAM. Decadently creamy! At home, learn how to make restaurant quality Italian gelato – it’s really simple. As the sugar-laden original, it tastes just as delicious .
To make the most delicious homemade sugar free ice cream recipe, you only need FIVE ingredients ! A dessert staple for any time of the year because this easy low carb vanilla ice cream tastes unbelievably creamy .
A sugar free ice cream in the shops that I like to eat, I have yet to find .
PEANUT BUTTER CUP:
Prep Time 0 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
chilling time 4 hrs
Total Time 4 hrs 20 mins
Calories 330 kcal
▢2 vanilla bean pods/1 tsp vanilla powder/2 tsp vanilla extract*
▢2 cups /heavy cream/ 500 ml double /
▢1 cup / 250 ml almond milk unsweetened
▢6 egg yolks large, room temperature
▢(for a sweeter ice cream)¾ cup / 120 g allulose use up to 1 cup / 160g .
▢tiny pinch of salt
- For at least TWO hours or overnight, pre-freeze the canister of your ice cream maker .
- With a sharp knife, lengthways, split the vanilla pods . Scrape out the seeds.
- Into a saucepan, pour the cream and almond milk . Add the scraped pods and the vanilla seeds and bring to a low boil. Remove from the heat when you see the edges start to bubble and for about THIRTY minutes, allow to cool . So it doesn’t form a skin, stir regularly . Remove the vanilla pods.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, put the egg yolks . Add a tiny pinch of salt and the sweetener.
- Beat until pale in colour (about 2 minutes) using an electric whisk.
- Into the cooled cream mix, slowly whisk into the beaten eggs using a hand balloon whisk. Then into your pan, pour back . Heat on low and for about 8 -10 minutes, stir regularly until it gets thickens. Do not boil. Remove from the heat at the first sign of bubbles. Into a bowl, pour , cover with cling film and at room temperature, allow to cool for about an hour .
- To the fridge, transfer and for at least 2 hours (or overnight), chill . Churn. About TWENTY minutes. You can enjoy straight away for a soft serve .
- Pour into a loaf pan for a scoopable ice cream, cover with cling film and until fully set, freeze for 1- 2 hours.
Total Carbohydrates: 2.4g
Saturated Fat: 20.1g