Keto Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread. A delicious addition to any number of dishes. With a kick and it is deliciously keto!
BACON JALAPENO CHEDDAR CORNBREAD INGREDIENTS
1 cup almond flour
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
5 slices of bacon
3 jalapeno peppers, diced and seeds removed
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
INSTEAD OF ALMOND FLOUR, CAN I USE COCONUT FLOUR?
For this keto recipe, no. Coconut flour is must be dealt with differently and a much different flour than almond flour.
Coconut flour would not give you the texture of cornbread you expect if nothing else.
We highly recommend not trying to use it in this recipe unless you are a seasoned user of coconut flour.
STORING BACON JALAPENO CHEDDAR CORNBREAD
Storing this is very simple and easy. For storing this cornbread for several days of delicious eats, here are two ways you might consider!
IN THE CAST IRON SKILLET
You cook it in to store this in the skillet, in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, simply cover the top. For several days on your countertop or in the microwave, the bread can be stored at room temperature.
Simply place the covered skillet in the fridge if you are worried about it staying at room temperature.
Cover with foil or wrap and leave out or refrigerate if you are using ramekins (discussed below).
IN A STORAGE CONTAINER
Alternatively, into slices, you can slice the cornbread and place into a glass/plastic storage container. Cover the top and either leave out/refrigerate.
They make the perfect thing to store the bread in and require nothing extra if you use the glass storage/baking dishes (also discussed below). You’re good to go after putting the lid on!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices of bacon
- 3 jalapeno peppers, diced and seeds removed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Until it gets crispy, cook bacon in a skillet; put it aside on paper towels to drain
- After the bacon has cooled, crumble.
- With a whisk in a mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Then, into the dry ingredients, thoroughly mix all of the wet ingredients.
- Fold in crumbled bacon, diced jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
- Into a 10″ cast iron skillet, pour mixture.
- Until the top is a rich golden brown, bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
- To make sure the cornbread is baked through, use a fork or knife in the center.
- Remove from oven.
- Before cutting and serving, let cool for approximately FIVE minutes.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24g