Keto Butterscotch Candy. A type of sweet consisting primarily of brown sugar and butter(Traditional butterscotch candy). The mixture normally includes corn syrup like most modern candies.
You can even create a liquid butterscotch topping for ice creams and other sweets by adding cream to the mixture.
Even if the actual confection butterscotch is not involved, such as in butterscotch pudding the term butterscotch is also often used more specifically of the flavor of brown sugar and butter together.
STORING BUTTERSCOTCH CANDY
Storing this candy is incredibly easy.
By defining short-term as three days or less, let’s begin. Storage can be done in an air-tight container at room temperature in this case, if you are planning on having the candy around for three days or less.
Refrigerated storage is preferred as a safeguard if space allows. However, when keeping the candy for this length of time, either one can be used.
The candy will not be as hard as it would be if refrigerated so do keep in mind.
As three to seven days, we will define long-term storage. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator if storing your butterscotch candy for this amount of time. For several days, this will ensure the candy will keep without a problem.
It is best not to keep the candy for more than seven days even when refrigerating this keto butterscotch candy, (one week).
It is best to be safe and discard any candy leftover at the end of this time frame while storing it for longer periods is possible.
Cutting the recipe in half will give the same taste result if you find making the full recipe results in too much going to waste after a week. You also won’t have as much to store!
AS CARAMEL, IS BUTTERSCOTCH THE SAME THING?
In preparation they are different, but in taste, they are similar.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- To a heavy bottom saucepan, add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the sweetener and stir constantly after butter has melted.
- On a low boil, bring the mixture and stir, stir, stir.
- Reduce heat if the mixture reaches much more than a gradual boil.
- Stir until mixture is a brown, dark amber nice color.
- After removing from heat and stir in salt and vanilla.
- Stirring occasionally, let cool for THREE minutes.
- Into an 8 x 8 glass storage container, pour (or similar) and for at least 8 hours, refrigerate overnight.
- Break into pieces and savor!
Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 12g