Easy Keto Fathead Rolls. It tastes just like the real thing! In these easy keto bread rolls, a secret ingredient gives them the BEST texture.
WHAT IS FATHEAD BREAD?
For bread and dough, fathead bread is a low-carb and keto recipe! The dough is made out of a combination of almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, and cheese.
Trust me when I say that it turns into a perfectly textured dough for breadsticks, keto bagels, keto soft pretzels, low-carb naan bread, and even keto gnocchi, tortillas, and keto pizza crust, if you haven’t made fathead dough before, that may sound odd.
This keto dinner rolls yeast recipe really stands out, though, and without needing sugar to proof it, I’ll even show you how to use yeast in it.
HOW TO STORE KETO FATHEAD ROLLS
In an airtight container, store this keto dinner rolls recipe in the pantry for a day or two, or for 5-7 days in the fridge. If you want to store them for longer than that, they should be frozen because they don’t contain any preservatives.
CAN YOU FREEZE LOW-CARB DINNER ROLLS?
Yes, you can freeze these keto dinner rolls. For 2-3 months, store them in a freezer bag.
TOOLS TO MAKE
THE BEST KETO DINNER ROLLS RECIPE
- Glass Bowls
- 14-Cup Food Processor
- Nonstick Baking Sheets
Course Side Dish
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 160 kcal
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Add cream cheese and mozzarella to a small bowl. For 20 seconds at a time, microwave on high until it gets melted.
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl until it gets beaten. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Into dough, work mozzarella/cc mixture. The dough will be sticky. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Onto plastic wrap, spoon dough. With almond flour, dust the top of it. Over the dough, fold the plastic wrap and gently start working into a ball. Cover and for THIRTY minutes refrigerate.
- Into 4, cut dough ball. Into a ball, roll each section. In half, cut the ball. This is your bottom and a top bun!
- On parchment paper or a very well greased sheet pan, sit cut side down. Until it gets golden and set up, bake for 10-12 minutes.
Keto Fathead Rolls