LOW CARB KETO CORNBREAD . The side your chili and soups need! With a secret ingredient that makes it taste like the real thing, my low carb almond flour cornbread recipe is made. A wonderful and a delicious recipe for the whole family.
WHAT IS KETO CORNBREAD?
It is a little different than you might think. It tastes like cornbread, it looks like cornbread, but it doesn’t actually contain any corn!
To give it that traditional corn flavor, we’re making low carb cornbread with corn extract, but without adding any carbs.
IS CORNBREAD KETO FRIENDLY?
This recipe is obviously keto friendly, but most recipes would not be keto.
Made from flour, sugar, and corn… traditional cornbreads are not keto friendly, so I had to make this version for all of us!
CAN YOU MAKE KETO CORNBREAD MUFFINS?
Absolutely! Just bake the batter in a parchment lined muffin tin instead of a cast iron pan for keto cornbread muffins. The (approximately 25-30 minutes)baking time will be shorter.
HOW TO STORE LOW CARB CORNBREAD
With almond flour, my gluten free cornbread can be stored in the skillet, by simply covering it with plastic wrap/foil.
Alternatively, into pieces, you can cut and store them in an airtight container. At room temperature, they will last for 3-4 days, or for up to a week, you can refrigerate it.
TOOLS TO MAKE KETO CORNBREAD
Besti Monkfruit Allulose Blend – Makes this low carb cornbread recipe super moist.
10-Inch Lodge Cast Iron Skillet – The perfect size for a batch of almond flour cornbread.
Sweet Corn Extract – Without the sugar and carbs, it gives all the flavor of summer sweet corn.
- 5 cups Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Besti monk fruit allulose blend
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- (melted; plus more for greasing) 2/3 cup Unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sweet corn extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. With butter, grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Stir together the sea salt, baking powder, sweetener, and flour in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, almond milk and melted butter, until it gets smooth. Stir in the sweet corn extract.
- Into the skillet, transfer the batter and with a spatula, smooth the top. Until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, bake for 35-40 minutes and the top is golden brown.
Amount per serving.