CREAMY KETO GARLIC MUSHROOMS WITH BACON. That you can serve with your favorite keto main dish recipes, a naturally low-carb side dish. Try these yummy mushrooms sauteed in a creamy garlic sauce and topped with crispy bacon if you need a keto side dish recipe for dinner tonight!
CREAMY KETO GARLIC MUSHROOMS WITH BACON
You’ve got to try these Keto Brussels Sprouts topped with a Creamy Garlic Sauce if you’re getting bored with your usual low-carb vegetable recipes.
With the most amazing garlic cream sauce, these skillet sauteed mushrooms are tender and delicious. For your favorite meal, they make the perfect low-carb appetizer or side dish. They pair perfectly with oven-roasted chicken, pork chops, or steak.
In this easy recipe, to make a dish that’s truly amazing, fresh mushroom sprouts simmer with garlic, bacon, and a blend of Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese — all in about THIRTY minutes on the stovetop.
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
Fresh mushrooms. Cremini mushrooms are actually just the baby version of portobello mushrooms, I like to use cremini mushrooms! Don’t worry if you can’t find cremini mushrooms. Go with the classic button mushrooms, look for mushrooms labeled “baby Bella’s”, – they’ll be equally delicious in this recipe.
Crisp bacon. For the fewest carbs, look for sugar-free bacon.
Heavy Cream. Sometimes called whipping cream.
A blend of cheeses. In this recipe, I like a mixture of Parmesan and Mozzarella. But instead, you can use your favorite melting cheese. Some good choices include Provolone, Gruyere, or Cheddar.
Garlic. in the recipes, I definitely prefer to use fresh garlic cloves. Depending on size, 2-3 cloves are good. I think it’s better than garlic powder in this particular recipe, — and it only takes a little bit more work.
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 6 strips of bacon
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Over medium-high heat in a large pan, until it gets crispy, cook bacon for about FIVE minutes.
- Drain, chop and put it aside.
- In about 2 tbsp of reserved bacon fat to the same pan, saute the mushrooms for about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, and until the garlic is fragrant, saute for ONE minute more.
- Add the heavy cream, and simmer for 4-6 minutes (To keep the cream from reducing too much, you may need to cover the pan with a lid.)
- Add the cheeses and stir to melt. And pepper and salt to taste.
- Add back the bacon, and serve.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 21g
SATURATED FAT: 12g
TRANS FAT: 1g
UNSATURATED FAT: 8g