Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp Piccata! With a hint of lemon, capers and spinach, Garlic butter shrimp coated in a rustic creamy garlic parmesan sauce!
what can you serve this creamy garlic butter shrimp piccata with?
- Served over rice that has been simmered with onions and garlic for added flavor.
- Also amazing over pasta that has been mixed through with garlic, salt and olive oil.
- Garlic bread: With a warm piece of bread, soaking up creamy sauce.
what wine goes well with this?
White wine. A Pinot Gris or light Chardonnay pairs really well. For a sweeter wine, choose a Sparkling Moscato or a Riesling.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- (tails on or off) 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown shallot
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- (mixed with 1 tablespoon of water) 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons rinsed and drained capers
- Lemon slices, to serve
- Fresh chopped parsley (extra)
- Over medium-high heat, heat a skillet(large). Melt the butter and add in the garlic and Until it gets fragrant, fry (about 1 min). Add in the shrimp and on each side, fry 2 mins, until it gets cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; put it aside.
- In the butter remaining in the skillet, fry the onion. (if using)Pour in the white wine, and while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan, allow to reduce to half.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and while stirring occasionally, bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put spinach leaves and let wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese and for a further minute or so, let sauce to simmer until the cheese melts through the sauce.
- Along with the parsley, capers and lemon juice, add the shrimp back into the pan; stir through. Take off the heat.
- With lemon slices and extra parsley to garnish, serve immediately (if desired).
- Serve over steamed veg, rice or pasta.
Saturated Fat: 8g
Vitamin A: 3925IU
Vitamin C: 21.5mg