KETO MAPLE WALNUT SCONES. Chock full of nutty maple flavor, buttery, and fluffy! To take on the go, they make the perfect keto breakfast. In under TWENTY FIVE minutes, they are easy to make. Made with almond flour and coconut flour.
KETO MAPLE WALNUT SCONES RECIPE
Sometimes with your morning coffee, you just want a pastry to eat. When starting a ketogenic diet, sugary baked goods are usually the first thing to go. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
To prevent the scone from sticking to the pan use parchment paper. So, line your cookie sheet with parchment paper before baking for extra insurance against sticking and burning.
For the scones
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the glaze
- (Swerve confectioners)1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract/maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl(large). To break up any lumps in the almond flour whisk the dry ingredients together first, and combine the other ingredients thoroughly.
- A pastry blender, or the back of a fork, using your fingertips, work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Then, whisk the eggs briefly to break up the yolks and whites in a smaller mixing bowl. Add the eggs to the dry ingredients and with a spatula to combine, stir together. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a cookie sheet with clean hands prepared with a layer of parchment paper. Into a circle about ONE inch thick, pat the dough. Divide the dough into SIX equal wedges using a kitchen knife. To give them space to spread in the oven, separate the wedges a bit.
- Until it gets golden brown, bake FIFTEEN minutes.
- Stir together extract, heavy cream, and powdered erythritol in a small mixing bowl to make the glaze until it gets smooth. Drizzle over COOLED scones. You can add extra heavy cream to thin it out if the glaze is too thick.
- Use a spoon for best results to drizzle the glaze over COOLED scones.
- You can add extra heavy cream to thin it out if the glaze is too thick.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 29g
SATURATED FAT: 9g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 18g