Has anyone ever tried keto Fathead pizza crust? You guys are in for a treat because it’s unbelievably similar to “real” pizza dough made with wheat! After trying this KETO FATHEAD PIZZA CRUST recipe, you’re going to notice that it’s gluten-free and keto pizza. The one quality that’s so difficult to achieve with low carb baked goods that’s chewy. e have to say that we were pretty excited the first time we tried this low carb pizza.
- Microwaveable bowl
- Large sheet pan or 12 1/2 inch round pan
- Parchment Paper
- Rolling Pin
- 1½ cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese (5 oz/140 g)
- 2 oz full fat cream cheese, cut into chunks (56g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (4 oz/ 110 g)
- 2 tbsp whey protein powder (or 1 tbsp oat fiber or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- Olive oil to handle dough
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (5 oz /150 g)
- 1/2 cup keto pizza sauce (4 oz/113 g) (or your favorite)
- 20 slices pepperoni slices (or as much as you’d like) (1.5 oz/43 g)
- 1 small garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees and position one rack to the bottom position and the other to the upper third.
- Microwave the cheeses in a microwave safe bowl for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, stirring half-way through. It should be molten.
- Scrape melted cheese into the bowl of a food processor, add the egg and process until combined. Add the dry ingredients and process again until thoroughly combined. If the dough is very warm and sticky, let it cool to room temperature before rolling. The dough is very sticky by nature, but oiling your hands makes it manageable.
- Hand Method: Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan and with oiled hands, pat the dough evenly into place. I prefer to oil my hands. The dough will cover most of the sheet pan with a 1 – 1 1/2 inch border all around. Dock (poke holes all over) with a fork.
- Rolling Pin: Alternately, roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper. This is my preferred way. Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the dough and parchment to the baking sheet. Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and rub the crust with a piece of garlic. Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza and top evenly with cheese. Add the pepperoni. Bake until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve. Makes one very thin sheet-pan pizza, one 12-13 inch pizza or two very thin 10 inch pizzas.
- The serving size is 1/6 of the recipe and 4.5 g NET CARBS.
Makes 2 – thin 10 inch pizzas, 1 – thicker 12 inch pizza, or 1 thin sheet pan pizza (13 x 16 1/2). *** Pictures is a 12 1/2 inch pizza.
Low Carb Pizza – Fathead Crust
Amount Per Serving
Calories 342Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9.57g60%
Monounsaturated Fat 6.23g