Baked in a spicy buffalo sauce and topped with melted blue cheese, KETO BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WITH MELTED BLUE CHEESE features well-trimmed chicken thighs! And for an easy low-carb dinner, anyone who likes chicken and Frank’s Red Hot Sauce is going to love this.
For low-carb or Keto eaters who like buffalo sauce, this dinner idea is a treat, and for this week, I’m recommending it for my Friday Favorites pick! If you don’t have blue cheese in the house, you could skip it.
For a quick dinner, I’ve become a fan of inexpensive chicken thighs, and on the Sweet and Spicy Baked Sriracha Chicken Thighs, this recipe is a riff that when we tested the recipe, we also absolutely devoured. To trim the chicken thighs, figuring out how easy it is to use Kitchen Shears has made me a lot more interested in cooking them.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- skin-on-bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- Poultry Seasoning
- crumbled blue cheese
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- olive oil
- Worcestershire Sauce,
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Green Tabasco Sauce
- yellow mustard
- Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 10 skin-on-bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper(to season chicken)
- 1 tsp. dried Poultry Seasoning
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1-2 tsp. Green Tabasco Sauce
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 T Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 400F. With olive oil, spray a glass/crockery baking dish/non-stick spray.
- To remove the skin and trim away fat from the thighs, use Kitchen Shears/sharp knife, paying special attention, on the underneath side to the pocket of fat.
- In the baking dish, put the chicken thighs skin-side up and season with the dried poultry seasoning, fresh-ground black pepper, and salt.
- While you whisk together the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, bake chicken FIFTEEN minutes, olive oil,
- Worcestershire Sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, Green Tabasco Sauce, yellow mustard, and Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or other sweetener to make the sauce.
- Turn the chicken pieces over, after initial FIFTEEN minutes, and brush with half the sauce mixture, and for TEN minutes more, bake chicken.
- Then turn chicken(so skin side is up again) again and brush with the remaining sauce and for another TEN minutes, bake.
- From fridge, remove blue cheese and crumble apart. When on the top side, chicken has baked TEN minutes with the sauce, sprinkle blue cheese over the chicken and bake TEN minutes more. Serve hot.
I’d use Golden Monkfruit Sweetener(I originally made this with a small amount of brown sugar).
KETO BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN WITH MELTED BLUE CHEESE
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Unsaturated Fat: 10g