Easy to make, these low-carb EASY KETO PESTO LEMON CHICKEN KABOBS are delicious, and everyone is going to love this recipe who likes pesto and lemon!
They have only five ingredients and easiest chicken kabobs you could make if you use purchased pesto! And seriously, for easy grilled chicken kabobs, this is about as delicious as it gets.
These kabobs are guaranteed to be a winner even if you don’t have fancy skewers like the ones. And to ease into grilling season, everyone needs an easy recipe.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR THIS RECIPE?
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing/other low-sugar dressing
- purchased Basil Pesto
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Spike Seasoning/another all-purpose seasoning blend.
CAN THE CHICKEN BE MADE AHEAD AND MARINATED?
In this easy marinade, the chunks of chicken can marinate all day while you’re at work, or if you’re cooking this earlier in the day, even overnight.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing
- 1/3 cup purchased basil pesto
- 3 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T Spike Seasoning
- From chicken breasts, trim visible fat and undesirable parts and into half lengthwise and then into 2 inch pieces, cut each breast.
- Mix together the Spike Seasoning, basil pesto, lemon juice, and vinaigrette dressing.
- Into a Ziploc bag/plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, put the pieces of chicken, add the marinade mixture and until the chicken is coated with the marinade, turn over the bag or container.
- For 8-10 hours(or longer is fine.), let chicken pieces marinate in the fridge.
- Drain the chicken pieces when you’re ready to cook into a colander placed in the sink and discarding the marinade, let chicken come to room temperature.
- With high smoke-point oil/non-stick spray, brush or spray the grill and preheat grill to medium.
- On to skewers, thread chicken. Be sure to push the chicken tightly together if you don’t have blade-type skewers like I used for kabobs so when you turn the kabobs, it won’t spin around on the skewers.
- About FIFTEEN minutes, grill chicken, turning often, or until the chicken is firm and lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
For the marinade, I used Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing, which has only ONE carb per serving.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Trans Fat: 0g
Unsaturated Fat: 10g