Salt Block Keto Kebab W Avocado Chimichurri. It’s like beautiful plate and having a well seasoned nonstick skillet all in one. You probably have some questions so:
Adding minerals to your diet is a great way that can help balance pH levels in your body and aid in digestion.
I made some beef and veggie kabobs with an avocado chimichurri in honor of grilling season! It’s DARN good and a little more keto than anything else!
BEEF & VEGGIE KEBABS
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 20 MINUTES
Ingredients for 5 kebabs
- (cut into 1.5-inch chunks) 1 lb lean top sirloin,
- Substitutes: jumbo shrimp, large bay scallops, extra firm tofu
- (cut into chunks) 1 red bell pepper,
- (cut into chunks) 1 yellow bell pepper,
- (bottom removed then chopped in half) 15 thick asparagus spears,
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed/avocado oil
- (see recipe below) 5 hearty tablespoons avocado chimichurri
- Himalayan salt block
- 5 wooden skewers
- At the same time, set oven to 300F and insert the salt block so that it heats up with the oven.
- Increase the temperature about 30-50 degrees every FIFTEEN minutes until you reach 450F – 500F of the oven. Until you’re ready to use, keep it in the oven.
- Using the skewers, assemble the kebabs. It is not necessary to soak them beforehand since these will not be cooked over fire. Pro-tip: Using a silicone bag (or on the stovetop), lightly steam asparagus in the microwave to soften.
- From the oven, remove the salt block and brush with oil. On the salt block, place the kebabs.
- Place a skillet or weighted plate on top of the kebabs for best results to help them get a good sear. About FIVE to EIGHT minutes, cook until your desired readiness, then flip to cook on the remaining side.
- With avocado chimichurri sauce, top each one.
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 10 MINUTES
Ingredients for 5 servings
(tightly packed) 1/2 cup parsley
(tightly packed) 1/2 cup cilantro
1/3 cup avocado oil
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon dried oregano
(red wine vinegar) 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons water
juice from 3 limes
1 medium avocado, diced
1 tablespoon cracked red pepper
sea salt & pepper to taste
- EXCEPT for the avocado, place all the ingredients into a blender/food processor. With lime, water and/or sea sat & pepper, season to taste. By adjusting the amount of parsley or cilantro, you can also customize the flavor. You can add more oil(only recommend this for those following a higher fat diet like keto).
- Fold in chopped avocado, once you reach your desired consistency and flavor.