You MUST try Keto Rolls And Sliders bread recipe if you’re looking to enjoy the “big game” in a low carb, yet satisfying way. We’re going to swap traditional wheat and grain-based flours for almond flour instead to help keep the carbs down, and to get the fat and the protein content where we want it to be, we’ll be using cream cheese and mozzarella(plus an egg).
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT THIS
You can adjust this recipe to make 4 large rolls, or several bite-sized keto rolls to begin with that you can enjoy throughout the week. And by incorporating your favorite spices, herbs, and seasonings, you can customize it even more. I use rosemary and chives in order to get a classic, fresh-baked bread roll smell and taste in this recipe that complements the thyme in the sliders(feel free to experiment according to your own tastes).
It’s easy to follow and hardly takes any time at all. The prep time is just 10 minutes, so you can be in and out of the kitchen in under an hour. Tthis is a recipe you’re going to love.
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 40 MINUTES
Ingredients for 4 extra-large rolls
- For parties, you can also make 8 small rolls
- 4.5oz almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 4oz cream cheese
- (part skim, low moisture) 168g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Set oven to 350F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and fluff out any chunks. Put it aside.
- Add cream cheese and mozzarella in a separate bowl and microwave for about ONE minute.
- Mix it up when it’s melted, until it gets smooth. Add the egg and mix again until it gets smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, then mix and until it forms a dough, mash it up. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap since the dough is sticky, and for TWENTY minutes, place it in the freezer or refrigerator to cool. Take it out from freezer and so it doesn’t stick, place it on a lightly dusted surface (with almond flour).
- Into fourths, cut the dough for large rolls, or even eighths for party size. With olive oil, spray your hands, then into equal size balls, roll the dough. TIP: so it doesn’t lose shape when baking, I like to let the dough sit for 15 more minutes in the fridge.
- On a baking tray lined with parchment, place the rolls, then at 350F, bake for about TWENTY minutes, or until it gets golden brown. About 10 – 15 minutes before enjoying, let the rolls cool after baking! Place them on a cooling rack for best results.
Thyme Burger Sliders
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 15 MINUTES
Ingredients for 6 patties:
- (I used Simple Truth) 1 1/4lb 90% ground bison
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 4 keto rolls
- Mix together the seasonings and ground meat. About 2 – 3 oz in size, form small patties. TIP: so it doesn’t rise when cooking, make a thumb print in the middle of the patty.
- With olive oil, spray a nonstick skillet and set on medium heat. Add the patties and until your desired readiness, cook on each side.