On a keto diet and fond of taco salads? Good news! An Avocado Keto Taco Bowl that you can enjoy every day of the week here’s an easy keto-friendly recipe!
During the 1960s, Tacos are a classic Mexican dish that originates from Texas.
Allowing for great versatility and diverse flavor combinations, it can be made with a variety of fillings including cheese, vegetables, seafood, chicken, pork, and beef.
You don’t need tortilla chips or even taco shells in this low-carb recipe. Instead, along with homemade taco seasoning, cauliflower rice can be a good pair.
AVOCADO KETO TACO BOWL
PREP TIME 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 20 MINUTES
Ingredients for 4 bowls:
- 2 slices bacon
- 3 cups raw Brussel sprouts, thinly chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 20oz 85% ground beef
Note: for keto, make this recipe leaner as well by using leaner ground meat.
Substitute: veggie ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh lime or lemon to taste
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2% Greek yogurt
- shredded cheddar
- pico de gallo
- On medium heat, set a nonstick skillet, and add bacon. About FIVE minutes, cook until it gets crispy. From the skillet, remove the slices.
- To the skillet, add shredded Brussels sprouts and cook for THREE to FIVE minutes, until the outside edges are seared. Add lime juice and a pinch of sea salt & pepper while it cooks.
- Remove from the skillet.
- Add red onion, garlic, and olive oil. Before adding the ground meat, caramelize the onions for THREE minutes.
- For about TWO minutes, chop up the meat in the skillet, then add the seasonings. Until the meat is no longer pink, continue shopping and cooking, for about FIVE minutes. With sea salt & pepper, cilantro, and lime or lemon juice, season to taste.
- In half, slice the avocados and remove the pits. Mash up the flesh of the avocado using a fork, then for the filling, form a large hole/dip inside the avocado.
- Add sauteed Brussel sprouts and meat.
- Top with garnish.