Keto Low Carb Paleo Friendly FlatBread. I decided it was time to see if there were any other types of healthy breads that I could create with all of the craze recently surrounding no-carb cloud bread. It would be difficult but why not give it a try. It’s gluten-free, paleo friendly, low-carb, and most importantly tasty. I was not anticipating such great results because most of the products out there that fit this description taste a bit like you’re eating cardboard.
Only THREE main ingredients. I did however add extra Spices and herbs. They are optional as they do not really count toward the ingredient list. But they enhance the flavor.
So this bread uses all natural ingredients, gluten free and another huge thing it’s a low-carb.
This flat bread can REALLY hold toppings together and this is one of my most favorite things and can be consumed in different ways. To put this very yummy chicken salad that is not too mayonnaisey is my favorite way to enjoy my flat bread is or to put a slice of fresh tomato and melted mozzarella and top it with roasted pepper. For 4 minutes, I toasted it in a toaster and the cheese nicely melted and the bread didn’t burn at all!
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 8 Egg Whites
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Lightly whisk the egg whites in a bowl(medium). Then add the spices, baking powder, salt, and almond flour and whisk until there are no lumps.
- With coconut oil (or add some coconut oil), spray the pan. Onto the pan, scoop about ½ cup of the batter and cover with lid. You will notice that the bread become airy and bubbly after about TWO minutes. Take the lid off and flip the bread. For about another minute, cook.
- You can sprinkle it with additional spices once you add the batter to the pan.
- Makes about EIGHT pieces of flat bread.
- There’s a way to make this flat bread using a coconut flour if you have a nut allergy, like my friend did here
- You can also sub almond flour for Carbquik baking mix/Caulipower baking mix
- As they are cool, enjoy them as soon. You can even toast them. For up to THREE days, store them on the counter-top for best results (refrigerated).
NET CARBS: 2g